Thank you for your interest in Szent István University. Before you begin to fill in your application form, please take a moment to thoroughly review this document. To successfully apply for studies at Szent István University applicants must complete all of the following steps:
- complete all sections of the application form
- attach a letter of motivation outlining your reasons for choosing the course
- attach reference forms, recommendation letters from referees (one is good, two is better!)
enclose applicable academic documents:
- BSc applicants must enclose an official copy of their secondary school final examination.
- MSc applicants must enclose an official copy of their BSc degree certificate and transcripts.
- enclose evidence of their English ability: B2 level of English is required (i.e. TOEFL min. of 500 on PBT, 61 on iBT; a 6.0 on IELTS or equivalent)
- attach a brief Curriculum Vitae.
Important note: All documentation must be in English. Translations from other languages must be certified.
Application deadline for 2017/18: 15th June 2017
"Where should I send my application package?"
Office of International Relations
Attn: International Admissions
Szent István University
Gödöllő, Páter K. u. 1.
Tuition Fees and Other Costs
50 EUR/student (BSc, MSc programmes)
100 EUR/student (PhD programmes)
Student card fee:
approx. 150 EUR/month (double occupancy)
Both BSc and MSc Programs are self-financed courses and tuition fees will be charged. These fees cover education, research, organized field trips and excursions.
"What happens after I send my application?"
Student applications are considered by the leaders of our BSc and MSc Programmes after all of the required documents have been received. All applications will have been processed shortly after the application deadline.
Applicants will then receive a short email regarding the decision of the faculty and, if accepted, further instructions which will include:
- payment instructions,
- further necessary documentation,
- the date when students need to arrive at the Szent István University,
- the date when the course starts,
- accommodation facilities.
“Where should I pay the tuition and other fees?”
Please do not send cash in the mail. You can transfer the application fee to the following bank account of the University:
Number of Bank Account: 10032000-00282826-00000000
Name of Bank Account: Szent István Egyetem
Name and Address of Bank: MÁK (Magyar Államkincstár) H-1139 Budapest, Váci u.71.
SWIFT Code: HUSTHUHB
In the comments field, please write your name and the name of the program for which you have applied.
“When can I start my visa application process?”
If accepted, you will receive the letter of acceptance, which is necessary for your visa application after we have received payment for tuition and registration. In the case of a visa refusal, these costs will be refunded.
"What if I have more questions?"
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions regarding the application process. We understand that university enrollment is a major event in the lives of prospective students and we are here to make the process as easy and stress-free as possible.
You can direct your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org