Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme
The Hungarian Government announced the policy of Global Opening, as part of which the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme was launched in 2013 for foreign students.
The aim of the programme is to promote cultural understanding, economic and political relations between Hungary and other countries. Currently more than 50 sending partners are engaged in the programme which is managed by Tempus Public Foundation (TPF).
Thousands of students from all around the world apply for higher educational studies in Hungary each year. In the academic year 2016/2017, more than 2300 students began their studies in Hungary in the framework of Stipendium Hungaricum Programme.
Provisions covered by the scholarship
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend: non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly HUF 40 460 (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies; doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, for newcomers, it is monthly HUF 140 000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (first 4 semesters) and HUF 180 000 (cca EUR 580) for the second phase (second 4 semesters) for 12 months a year, until completion of studies; for second and third-year students, it is unchanged: HUF 100 000 (cca EUR 325)
- Accommodation: dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 30 000/month to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period while staying in Hungary
- Medical insurance: health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance
You can contact the Study in Hungary Unit of Tempus Public Foundation in one of the following ways in case you need any further information:
- Website of the Programme: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu
- Frequently Asked Questions: click here
- Skype: stipendiumhungaricum
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +36-1-236-5040
You can also contact the institutional Stipendium Hungaricum Coordinator, Ms. Csilla Kánai (International Relations Office, Gödöllő Campus, Main Building, 1st floor, Room 1005; Office hours: 10-11 am daily)